Differing emotions for Harpenden and St Albans rugby stars
- Credit: Andy Taylor/atsportphoto
Two of the area’s brightest rugby stars were left with differing emotions after both made their professional debuts at the weekend.
Harpenden’s World U20 championship winner Jack Singelton started in Worcester Warriors’ 31-25 success over Bristol in the Anglo-Welsh Cup.
The hooker tweeted: “Chuffed to have got my first start in a Warriors shirt, but more importantly to get the first win of the campaign.”
However, for St Albans’ Nick Isiekwe there was a bitter-sweet ending to his first start in a Saracens jersey.
Having led 25-5 at the break at Kingsholm, the youthful side were hit by a stunning Gloucester comeback, the Cherry and Whites going on to win 36-32.
Academy coach Ian Vass told www.saracens.com: “There’s a few lessons for us to learn, that’s for sure but this is a young side and they’ll be better for this experience in the long run.
“Gloucester played very well in the second half, credit to them for how they got back into the game and they finished it off.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 8 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
“But we’re disappointed to lose that game.”