Last ball heartache for St Albans but Frogmore stun leaders
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Cricket Club suffered a heartbreaking last-ball loss in a raind-delayed game at home to Abbots Langley in SHCL Division Two A.
Having only got going around 3pm and with the game reduced to 33 overs per side, St Albans had batted first and reached 137-6 with 47 from Matt Howeson and 39 from Joe Regan the main scorers.
Regan continued his good day by taking 3-26 and there were two wickets for Simon White but with three overs to go, Abbots needed just seven runs with three wickets remaining.
Somehow Saints restricted them so by the final ball it was one needed with one wicket left.
Unfortunately that was nicked away for a single giving the visitors the win.
You may also want to watch:
n Frogmore produced a stunning bowling performance to snatch a win against Division Five A leaders North Mymms.
Having only scored 74 themselves, they were able to dismiss the visitors for just 38 thanks to 7-22 from Ian Hurst and 3-14 from Al-Darraji.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space