Development scheme trials
THE St Albans City Football Academy is holding trials for its youth development scheme next month. The scheme, which is run in partnership with Oaklands College, has provided the players for St Albans City s successful run in the FA Youth Cup this season
THE St Albans City Football Academy is holding trials for its youth development scheme next month.
The scheme, which is run in partnership with Oaklands College, has provided the players for St Albans City's successful run in the FA Youth Cup this season where the team upset the form books with wins over Thurrock and Colchester United before being edged out on penalties by Wycombe Wanderers.
Successful graduates from the scheme include Rob Magwood and Ross Dedman who have become regular fixtures in Steve Castle's first team squad.
The first trial day is on Wednesday, March 24, from 4-6pm at the Smallford Campus of Oaklands College.
There will be a second evening on Wednesday, May 5.
The trials are open to any boy aged between 16 and 19 and for those who wish to attend or for more information contact Karen Gibson on email@example.com
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 5 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
Priority will be given to St Albans City Youth, Harvesters and St Albans Rangers players.