Development scheme trials
THE St Albans City Football Academy is holding trials for its youth development scheme next month. The scheme, which is run in partnership with Oaklands College, has provided the players for St Albans City s successful run in the FA Youth Cup this season
THE St Albans City Football Academy is holding trials for its youth development scheme next month.
The scheme, which is run in partnership with Oaklands College, has provided the players for St Albans City's successful run in the FA Youth Cup this season where the team upset the form books with wins over Thurrock and Colchester United before being edged out on penalties by Wycombe Wanderers.
Successful graduates from the scheme include Rob Magwood and Ross Dedman who have become regular fixtures in Steve Castle's first team squad.
The first trial day is on Wednesday, March 24, from 4-6pm at the Smallford Campus of Oaklands College.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a second evening on Wednesday, May 5.
The trials are open to any boy aged between 16 and 19 and for those who wish to attend or for more information contact Karen Gibson on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
Priority will be given to St Albans City Youth, Harvesters and St Albans Rangers players.