Development manager Mark Swales leaves St Albans City and joins Berkhamsted
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City’s reserve and development manager, Mark Swales, has left the club and taken up a job at Berkhamsted as a coach.
Swales made the decision to leave Clarence Park prior to Christmas.
The development side face AFC Hillgate at Clarence Park on Saturday in a Spartan South Midlands League Division Two game and Sam Mardle, who has been working with the U18 side, will take charge of that game.
A spokesman for St Albans said: “Sam will take the reserves team from Saturday. Then we’ll go from there and see what we’re going to do.”
Swales’ move to The Comrades sees him link up again with former St Albans manager Jimmy Gray, who has signed playing forms with the club.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement on the Berkhamsted website, head coach Tom Garratt said: “I’m delighted that Mark has agreed to come on board with the club and will be a massive asset to both ourselves and the players.
“He’s full of enthusiasm for the coaching side of things and his last appointment of managing St Albans’ development side shows the great reputation he already has.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
“Having known Mark for a good 15 years, I can confirm he is a real football man, he even works full time job for the FA and is currently studying for his UEFA A license.
“He’ll be a valuable member of the management team and I look forward to getting him started this week before the big FA Vase game on Saturday.
“Jimmy joins us as a player, he tells us he’s got a bit of fitness work to get through but we can see he is already well on his way and we’re all looking forward to him adding his ability and experience to the team”.