Delight for Plumb after Harpenden Town’s fourth straight win
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town won their fourth league game in a row with a smooth 3-1 victory away to Harefield United.
The result put Harpenden back up to eighth in the Spartan South Midlands League Division One.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “That’s four in a row and we needed that with two cup games coming up so a great result and a really professional performance.
“I am delighted for the team.”
Harpenden took the lead after 20 minutes when Harry Hunt floated in a free kick headed on by Charlie Gould for Ben Warren to slot the ball into the corner of the goal.
You may also want to watch:
Warren could have made it two three minutes later when he blasted a Phil Smeaton cross just over.
But Harefield drew level when Adam Willis scored direct from a free-kick.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
Harpenden’s intense second half pressure paid off in the 62nd minute.
Hunt’s free kick was headed on by Gould and fell to Tom Collin who blasted the ball home for 2-1.
Hunt left the best to last when he picked up a long ball with two defenders to beat and turned and fired outwitting both backs and the keeper.
Next up is Hatfield Town in the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy at Gosling Stadium tomorrow (Saturday) at 3pm.