Delight for Plumb after Harpenden Town’s fourth straight win
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town won their fourth league game in a row with a smooth 3-1 victory away to Harefield United.
The result put Harpenden back up to eighth in the Spartan South Midlands League Division One.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “That’s four in a row and we needed that with two cup games coming up so a great result and a really professional performance.
“I am delighted for the team.”
Harpenden took the lead after 20 minutes when Harry Hunt floated in a free kick headed on by Charlie Gould for Ben Warren to slot the ball into the corner of the goal.
Warren could have made it two three minutes later when he blasted a Phil Smeaton cross just over.
But Harefield drew level when Adam Willis scored direct from a free-kick.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 3 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 4 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 5 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 6 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 7 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 8 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 9 Police arrest St Albans man on suspicion of 'harassment'
- 10 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
Harpenden’s intense second half pressure paid off in the 62nd minute.
Hunt’s free kick was headed on by Gould and fell to Tom Collin who blasted the ball home for 2-1.
Hunt left the best to last when he picked up a long ball with two defenders to beat and turned and fired outwitting both backs and the keeper.
Next up is Hatfield Town in the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy at Gosling Stadium tomorrow (Saturday) at 3pm.