Delay for Farrell family feat
ANDY and Owen Farrell were denied the chance to make history at Woollams on Friday night after looking set to take the field in the same team for Saracens. Owen, aged 17, was called into the squad for the match against Super 14 side Western Force and was
ANDY and Owen Farrell were denied the chance to make history at Woollams on Friday night after looking set to take the field in the same team for Saracens.
Owen, aged 17, was called into the squad for the match against Super 14 side Western Force and was handed a place on the bench on the bench alongside his father, England star Andy.
The duo looked set to play together for the first time until Andy left the pitch minutes after coming on with a dislocated thumb and Owen was introduced to the field as his replacement.
Owen Farrell featured for Harpenden Under 17s in 2008 during their amazing run to become national champions and is a member of the Saracens Academy. England international Andy was selected as the fly half replacement for the warm up match with Owen, just back from England Under 18 duty in Argentina, taking the inside centre replacement spot.
Saracens were 19-10 winners running in three tries against the Super 14 outfit including one for England international debutant Michael Owen.
Auditions are being held this week for dancers and gymnasts who wish to be part of the Saracens Sensations.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 6 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 7 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 8 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
The auditions for the cheerleader spots at the Rugby Union club take place at Woodside Leisure Centre, Horseshoe Lane, Watford from 5.30pm on Friday, August 22.
The Sensations will perform to entertain the fans at Vicarage Road in Watford on match days throughout the 2008/09 season. See our website www.hertsad24.co.uk for more information.