Deja vu for triumphant Lythell
Redbourn Golf Club round-up
GOLF: There was a feeling of d�j� vu for Steve Lythell who successfully defended his Seniors Challenge crown at Redbourn Golf Club after repeating his winning score from 2011 of 41 stableford points.
More than 70 golfers from across Hertfordshire took part in the county competition at Redbourn and with Lythell’s closest competitor, Stuart Platts taking the Over-60s prize, second place in the overall competition was awarded jointly to Vic Deluca and Peter Raynes who scored 36 points.
Played over the 18-hole Ver Course, which offers stunning views of the Hertfordshire countryside, other golfers in the prizes were Ernie Cochrane, whose 36 points earned him the top spot on the Over-70s leaderbaord, and Fred Hickford, winner of the Over-80s category scoring 31.
Ian McDowell, Redbourn Golf Club general manager, said: “The annual Seniors Challenge is always well contested and it’s a pleasure to welcome the region’s top senior golfers for the event.
You may also want to watch:
“Steve is clearly the man to beat in this competition and as well as congratulating him on his success, I’d like to wish him luck when he goes for the hat-trick next year.”
For further information visit www.redbourngolfclub.co.uk or call 01582 793493.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield