Defenders on top for Colney Colts
London Colney Colts IN a close game with few chances, the Colts Under 16s fought out a 0-0 draw with Belstone FC. Right back Alex Rodell and centre half Kevin Cahill both gave excellent performances in defence. Charlie Richardson and Jake Anstiss each
London Colney Colts
IN a close game with few chances, the Colts Under 16s fought out a 0-0 draw with Belstone FC. Right back Alex Rodell and centre half Kevin Cahill both gave excellent performances in defence.
Charlie Richardson and Jake Anstiss each scored twice as the Under 15s South got their league campaign off to a fine start with a 5-0 away win at Brady Macabbi. Michael Blanchard also netted and Man of the Match went to Dominic Garofalo.
The Under 14s progressed to the second round of the Challenge Cup, winning 2-1 against Whetstone Wanderers Lynx. Robert Smith and Man of the Match Anthony Walter scored the goals.
You may also want to watch:
Central defender Akin Oyefusi played well and was named Man of the Match as the impressive Under 13s beat Nascot Wood 8-0. Jordan Donovan and Cameron Leijgrave each scored twice with further goals from Daniel Sarikaya, Liam Farr, Simone Sensi and goalkeeper-turned-outfield-star Tomas Dubberley completing the rout.
Connor Rylands scored twice and Miraj Mistry and Sean Cavaree also netted as the Under 12s showed fine spirit to battle well against Whetstone before eventually going down 7-4. Defender Juan Pablo Rodrigues was named Man of the Match for Colts.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 5 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 8 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 9 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 10 Driver dies in London Colney crash
An impressive display from the Under 11s saw them run out comprehensive 8-0 winners at home to Wingate & Heron. Ben Smalley scored a well-deserved hat trick, Jamie Beal netted two and further goals from Ben Carman, Thomas Lender and Natasha Cioffi completed the rout.
Eden Clements-Killen scored and was named Man of the Match as the Under 10s beat Enfield Rangers 3-1. Roberto Mirza scored a fine goal and Alexander Journet netted late on to seal the victory. Rohan Lallbeeharry was excellent in goal.
The Under 9s suffered a disappointing 5-1 home defeat at the hands of Croxley Guild Pumas.
Man of the Match Bailey Calas scored four goals and Jaidan Bennett hit a hat trick as the Under 8s demolished AC Finchley South 11-1. Armando Shashoua and Jaidan Abraham each scored twice.