Defeat to Leicester but Oaklands Wolves improving in leaps and bounds
- Credit: Archant
It may have ended in defeat but the 76-65 loss at home to Leicester Riders in the WBBL was yet another sign of the vastly-improved performances for Oaklands Wolves.
It was only in the fourth quarter that the two sides were finally separated as they went toe-to-toe for the opening three periods.
Riders, who moved third with the win, turned the screw down the stretch, opening the final quarter with a 16-2 run and although Wolves closed the gap again, the damage had been done.
However, this was another fine performance by the young Wolves outfit who are getting more and more competitive with each passing game.
Rachel Morris led the way for the hosts with 17 points followed by Aliz Varga on 11 and Kellie Ring on 10.
You may also want to watch:
Morris also picked up nine rebounds.
The Wolves are now ninth in the table with their next game away to Manchester Mystics on Saturday.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Jon Clements back with his 'family' as Colney Heath announce four signings for first Southern League campaign