Defeat for St Albans City despite battling performance against Maidstone
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City good form came to an end on Saturday with a 2-1 defeat at home to Maidstone United – but they gave the promotion chasers a real fright.
It was their first loss in five games and only their second reverse in seven and it keeps them in the relegation zone, although they remain just three points adrift of safety.
As has been the norm recently Saints shipped an early goal, Joe Healy putting Maidstone into an eighth minute lead.
But what has also been the norm is City recovering to hit an equaliser, and it came on 27 minutes from the Vanarama National League South Player of the Month, Louie Theophanous.
But an Alex Flisher goal six minutes into the second half consigned St Albans to defeat although it wasn’t for want of trying.
Photographer Leigh Page captured the best of the action form Clarence park.
Next up is a trip to Maidenhead United on Saturday.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Taxi stopped with ‘tyre below legal tread depth’ on A41
- 6 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
Kick-off is at 3pm.