Defeat for St Albans City despite battling performance against Maidstone
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City good form came to an end on Saturday with a 2-1 defeat at home to Maidstone United – but they gave the promotion chasers a real fright.
It was their first loss in five games and only their second reverse in seven and it keeps them in the relegation zone, although they remain just three points adrift of safety.
As has been the norm recently Saints shipped an early goal, Joe Healy putting Maidstone into an eighth minute lead.
But what has also been the norm is City recovering to hit an equaliser, and it came on 27 minutes from the Vanarama National League South Player of the Month, Louie Theophanous.
But an Alex Flisher goal six minutes into the second half consigned St Albans to defeat although it wasn’t for want of trying.
You may also want to watch:
Photographer Leigh Page captured the best of the action form Clarence park.
Next up is a trip to Maidenhead United on Saturday.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
Kick-off is at 3pm.