Defeat for St Albans City at Truro City
- Credit: Archant
A late Truro City penalty sent St Albans City down to a 3-2 National League South defeat on Saturday.
The hosts went ahead on 28 minutes through Stewart Yetton and stayed in front at the break.
Tom Bender equalised with a header from a corner for the Saints, only for Andy Pugh to do likewise as he nodded home to restore the White Tigers’ lead at 2-1.
City got back on level terms again when striker Charlie Walker struck.
However, the comeback faltered when Tyler Harvey netted the winner for Truro from the penalty spot on 78 minutes after George Casey’s push on Ryan Brett.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans are back in league action at Clarence Park on Tuesday night as they entertain Wealdstone.
Video courtesy of Dave Taverner.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk