Defeat for Saints
A ROUSING second half show was not enough to deny hosts Lemsford as St Peter s fell to defeat in the Herts Senior County League Division One on Saturday. Manager Mitch Morris was again without several key players for the trip.
A ROUSING second half show was not enough to deny hosts Lemsford as St Peter's fell to defeat in the Herts Senior County League Division One on Saturday.
Manager Mitch Morris was again without several key players for the trip. Defenders Anthony Farron and David Winnie were both out, along with midfield trio Scott Ferguson, Dan Cockerton and Craig Staughton. Strikers Mark Savory and Tony Arnold were also absent. On the plus side, the Gauthier brothers, Tony and Matt, returned to action, along with Craig Chapman, Richard Ellis and Marlon Jones.
Two missed chances for Saints proved costly in the opening period as the Lemsford youngsters took control. Goals from Matt Harris (two) and Chris Jones secured a 3-0 lead at the break.
A thrashing looked on the cards for the Saints if they continued in the same manner in the second half but they soon got to grips with the task ahead and pushed Lemsford back.
You may also want to watch:
Chapman scored his first goal of the campaign and chances were missed at both ends before a rare strike from Matt Gauthier reduced the deficit further.
Saints poured forward looking to exploit the slick surface and find the goal to bring the hosts to their knees but it was not to be. The final score was 3-2 and for the Saints it was a brave response which yielded nothing at the finish.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 9 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 10 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots