Debutants impress as London Colney beat Hadley
- Credit: Archant
New signing Stef Geraldes scored on his debut as London Colney extended their excellent run of form in the SSML Premier Division with a 3-0 win at Hadley.
Geraldes joined the Blueboys from Harpenden Town last Wednesday and he announced his arrival in style as he swept home Martin Collin’s cross to open the scoring.
Former Potters Bar winger James Ewington also made his debut and impressed as he set up Russell Gallagher for the third goal. Captain Danny Fitzgerald scored the second after he won and converted a penalty.
It was London Colney’s second 3-0 win in a row – they beat Oxhey Jets but the same scoreline on December 27 – and their fourth consecutive clean sheet. It also took their goal tally to 11 in three games.
Next up for Ryan Thompson’s team is the Colney derby on Tuesday night, 7.45pm kick-off. Colney Heath won the reverse fixture, played at London Colney’s Cotlandswick, 1-0 on December 13.
You may also want to watch:
• The Reserves were at home to Langford Reserves and drew 2-2 wth a goal from Cain Davey plus an own goal. The Blues, Colney’s third team, beat Potten End 2-1 with a goal from George Dale and a own goal as well.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 6 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts
- 9 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 10 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals