Debutants impress as London Colney beat Hadley
- Credit: Archant
New signing Stef Geraldes scored on his debut as London Colney extended their excellent run of form in the SSML Premier Division with a 3-0 win at Hadley.
Geraldes joined the Blueboys from Harpenden Town last Wednesday and he announced his arrival in style as he swept home Martin Collin’s cross to open the scoring.
Former Potters Bar winger James Ewington also made his debut and impressed as he set up Russell Gallagher for the third goal. Captain Danny Fitzgerald scored the second after he won and converted a penalty.
It was London Colney’s second 3-0 win in a row – they beat Oxhey Jets but the same scoreline on December 27 – and their fourth consecutive clean sheet. It also took their goal tally to 11 in three games.
Next up for Ryan Thompson’s team is the Colney derby on Tuesday night, 7.45pm kick-off. Colney Heath won the reverse fixture, played at London Colney’s Cotlandswick, 1-0 on December 13.
You may also want to watch:
• The Reserves were at home to Langford Reserves and drew 2-2 wth a goal from Cain Davey plus an own goal. The Blues, Colney’s third team, beat Potten End 2-1 with a goal from George Dale and a own goal as well.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre