Dean Snedker the latest player to sign a new deal at St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Dean Snedker has become the latest player to commit to St Albans City for another season.
The former Northampton Town and Kettering Town goalkeeper joined Saints last summer and produced a string of impressive performances during the season.
And he said leaving Clarence Park was never really an option.
“I’m obviously really happy here and it was only a matter of time before I signed a new deal,” he admitted.
“There are plenty of positives to take from last season but we have to look forward now and take those experiences into the new year.
You may also want to watch:
“I sat down and spoke to the management last week and it became increasingly apparent that they’re looking to progress and push-on.
“As a player, you want to be in a good team at a good club and that’s certainly the situation here.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
Manager Ian Allinson said: “I’m glad we’ve got him on-board so early because you need to fill that position with some quality if you want to have a successful season.”