Dean Snedker the latest player to sign a new deal at St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Dean Snedker has become the latest player to commit to St Albans City for another season.
The former Northampton Town and Kettering Town goalkeeper joined Saints last summer and produced a string of impressive performances during the season.
And he said leaving Clarence Park was never really an option.
“I’m obviously really happy here and it was only a matter of time before I signed a new deal,” he admitted.
“There are plenty of positives to take from last season but we have to look forward now and take those experiences into the new year.
“I sat down and spoke to the management last week and it became increasingly apparent that they’re looking to progress and push-on.
“As a player, you want to be in a good team at a good club and that’s certainly the situation here.”
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
Manager Ian Allinson said: “I’m glad we’ve got him on-board so early because you need to fill that position with some quality if you want to have a successful season.”