Deal Town FA Cup tie for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City will play Kent side Deal Town in the second round qualifying of the FA Cup.
The tie will take place at Clarence Park on Saturday, September 26.
Of the clash, City joint manager Jimmy Gray said: “It’s massive for the club.
“It’s a real game for us to get stuck into, a potential banana skin, but if we do our job and be professional I’m sure we can try and get through that round and hopefully get a good draw in the next one.”
Of the Southern Counties East League side, Gray added: “I don’t know too much about them.
You may also want to watch:
“They’ll be an unknown, but they are a couple of divisions below so we need to get our end of the bargain right.
“The FA Cup is the FA Cup and anything can happen.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery