Deacon the Lord of the Manor
Spartan South Midlands Division One London Colney 5 Tokyngton Manor 2 LONDON Colney picked up another three points with a 5-2 victory over Tokyngton Manor last Thursday. The Blueboys could have had more with Paul Danslow shooting against a post early on.
Spartan South Midlands Division One
London Colney 5 Tokyngton Manor 2
LONDON Colney picked up another three points with a 5-2 victory over Tokyngton Manor last Thursday.
The Blueboys could have had more with Paul Danslow shooting against a post early on.
You may also want to watch:
Danslow and Greg Deacon both fired wide before the Blueboys opened the scoring in the 23rd minute.
Deacon and Frankie Jowle combined for Greg Shaw to fire home from eight yards.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
Danslow had a goal chalked off for offside before Deacon doubled Colney's lead in the 31st minute.
Next it was Mark Paradise's turn to get on the scoresheet heading home from Jowle's corner before Tokyngton pulled a goal back from a corner kick of their own.
The Blueboys restored their three goal advantage when Danslow released Deacon and he calmly slotted over the advancing goalkeeper to make it 4-1.
Deacon came close to a hat-trick before half time with a shot that brushed the post.
The Blueboys had to wait until the 65th minute to get their fifth goal when Russell Gallagher cut in from the left and sent a beautiful curling shot into the bottom right hand corner.
Following this Colney took their foot off the pedal allowing Tokyngton to score a second goal through Emil Price.
London Colney: Whittamore; Hull (Simmonds), Corran, Paradise, Murphy, Benning, Jowle, Shaw, Danslow (Thompson), Deacon, Gallagher.
Subs not used: Humbert, Dickie.