Davies hands Saints all three points
Saints edge ahead of promotion rivals
HSCL Division One
Buntingford Town 0 St Peter’s 1
A FIRST half goal by Michael Davies was enough for St Peter’s to come away with all three points at Buntingford Town on Saturday.
The win enabled the Saints to move ahead of their opponents in the race for promotion although Buntingford have three games in hand.
You may also want to watch:
A solid defensive showing provided the platform for the Saints as they shut out their high scoring hosts.
Both sides threatened early on without adding the finishing touch before Davies raced in behind the defence and shoot past the Buntingford custodian.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 Demystifying the press release: How to submit your stories to the Herts Ad
The Saints continued to look the most likely to score after the break but were unable to add to their tally.
Excellent defensive work by Ed Carman, Carl Costain and Man of the Match Dean Jones combined with some assured keeping from Billy Barnes ensured the Saints kept their lead in tact as the Saitns gained a deserved three points.
Next Saturday the Saints will be looking for revenge when Bedmond S&S visit Colney Heath on the back of a recent 2-0 victory over the Saints. KO is 3pm. The Saints then host Mill End Sports next Tuesday (KO 7.30pm).
St Peter’s: Barnes; Carman, Costain, Jones, Hood-Wright (Sandiford); Davies, Stuart-Neal, Beswick (Gauthier), Cunningham, Savory (M Addlesee), Taylor.