Davies hands Saints all three points
Saints edge ahead of promotion rivals
HSCL Division One
Buntingford Town 0 St Peter’s 1
A FIRST half goal by Michael Davies was enough for St Peter’s to come away with all three points at Buntingford Town on Saturday.
The win enabled the Saints to move ahead of their opponents in the race for promotion although Buntingford have three games in hand.
You may also want to watch:
A solid defensive showing provided the platform for the Saints as they shut out their high scoring hosts.
Both sides threatened early on without adding the finishing touch before Davies raced in behind the defence and shoot past the Buntingford custodian.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
The Saints continued to look the most likely to score after the break but were unable to add to their tally.
Excellent defensive work by Ed Carman, Carl Costain and Man of the Match Dean Jones combined with some assured keeping from Billy Barnes ensured the Saints kept their lead in tact as the Saitns gained a deserved three points.
Next Saturday the Saints will be looking for revenge when Bedmond S&S visit Colney Heath on the back of a recent 2-0 victory over the Saints. KO is 3pm. The Saints then host Mill End Sports next Tuesday (KO 7.30pm).
St Peter’s: Barnes; Carman, Costain, Jones, Hood-Wright (Sandiford); Davies, Stuart-Neal, Beswick (Gauthier), Cunningham, Savory (M Addlesee), Taylor.