David Moyo ready for challenge after signing for Hamilton Academical
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
David Moyo has followed in the footsteps of another former St Albans City man by signing for Hamilton Academical.
Kieran Monlouis was the first to make that trip last season and although his time north of the border didn't last too long, the striker who scored 14 times in 49 appearances for the Saints, is confident he can be a success at the Premiership club.
Speaking to Accies TV, Moyo said: "I've just got to adjust. I'm back in full-time football and hopefully training every day improves me as a player.
"You have to believe in yourself and believe in what you're about. That's exactly what I will bring to the table and hopefully I can help the team."
The move came as a surprise to most and Moyo, who has also had a trial at National League Yeovil Town this summer, included himself in that number.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Brian Rice [the manager] came to a game and saw me out of nowhere and now I'm here.
"The boys have taken me in and I've been around the town a bit. I like it here and can see me settling."
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans