David Bailey picture perfect for Wheato
West Herts League Harpenden Rovers 1 Wheathampstead Wanderers 9 Wheathampstead ran up their biggest score of the season beating near neighbours Harpenden Rovers 9-1 away. Rovers started strongly and soon scored with a fine finish. David Bailey levelled
West Herts League
Harpenden Rovers 1 Wheathampstead Wanderers 9
Wheathampstead ran up their biggest score of the season beating near neighbours Harpenden Rovers 9-1 away.
Rovers started strongly and soon scored with a fine finish.
You may also want to watch:
David Bailey levelled from the spot and just before the break Dean Birch celebrated his comeback from injury, cleverly clipping the ball over the 'keeper from a tight angle to put the visitors 2-1 up.
As in recent weeks Wanderers improved their football in the second half and the goals followed.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
Crowd favourite Bailey completed his hat-trick, Jamie Dawes achieved the same and Angus Raeside scored his 10th of the season.
The best strike though came when Josh Mawhinney cut in from the right and buried a dipping left foot shot just under the bar from the edge of the Harpenden penalty area.
Centre-halves Jason Pawlaczek and Frankie Buckler both impressed and defender turned stand-in 'keeper Andy Bromwich was cool under pressure in goal.
This week the Wanderers travel to Oxhey for the semi-final of the Sir Stanley Rous Cup.