Danslow show not enough as Bedford strike late blow
PAUL Danslow cracked in a brace but London Colney suffered heartbreak with a late, late winner for Bedford Town Reserves in the league on Saturday
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division
London Colney 2 Bedford Town Reserves 3
Paul Danslow 52, 74
PAUL Danslow cracked in a brace but London Colney suffered heartbreak with a late, late winner for Bedford Town Reserves in the Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One on Saturday.
The Blueboys could not have suffered a worse start to the league season as they conceded in just one minute with Paul Draycott netting for Bedford.
Colney were 2-0 down on 10 minutes as Callum Lewis struck to put the visitors in a commanding position.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 5 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 9 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 10 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
London Colney powered back into the contest in the second half with the impressive Danslow netting just seven minutes in and then pulling the Blueboys level on 74 minutes.
The Danslow show looked to have salvaged a good point for Colney until the fourth minute of stoppage time when Sean Bolton snatched the victory for Bedford.
London Colney Reserves go to Park Street Village on Tuesday at Toulmin Drive and the Blueboys first team are in league action on Wednesday, September 13 in what promises to be a thriller away at local rivals Hatfield Town.
London Colney: Ladyman, Benning, McCafferty, Wilson, T. Caines, Beschizza, C. Davey, Bindley, R. Gallagher, Aimakhu. Sub used: J. Davey.
Weds, Sept 13
Hatfield Town v London Colney
London Colney are in action in the FA Cup against Sporting Bengal United on Saturday at Cotlandswick. Kick off is 3pm and ITV Local will cover the game with match action to be shown on the ITV Local website.