Danslow double as Colney hit five
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One Ampthill Town 1 London Colney 5 LONDON Colney put in a five-star show to sink Ampthill Town in Division One of the Molten Spartan South Midlands League on Saturday. The Blueboys made the trip to Ampthill
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division One
Ampthill Town 1 London Colney 5
LONDON Colney put in a five-star show to sink Ampthill Town in Division One of the Molten Spartan South Midlands League on Saturday.
The Blueboys made the trip to Ampthill without six first team regulars and called City Youth youngsters Luke Thatcher and Christie Tyler into the squad.
Russell Gallagher, Dave Corran and Josh Humbert all threatened to give Colney the lead before Ampthill struck on 15 minutes. Lee Hayward thumped in a fine header.
Alistair Hill made a couple of good saves to keep Colney in contention.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 8 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
In the 38th minute, London Colney equalised when Paul Danslow curled home a fine free kick after Danny Fitzgerald was felled.
On the stroke of half time, London Colney went 2-1 up when Humbert won the ball and fed Corran who forced a corner. John Beschizza curled the ball in and Danslow shot home low from 10 yards.
On 58 minutes Colney stormed into a 3-1 lead when Fitzgerald slipped the ball to Humbert and he cracked the ball low into the net from the edge of the box.
Rampant Colney went 4-1 up on 73 minutes when Gallagher, Corran and Fitzgerald combined to release Butcher who shot home from a tight angle.
With seven minutes to go Ampthill were reduced to 10-men. Colney then added the gloss to the victory with a fifth two minutes from time. Fitzgerald beat his marker and fed Gallagher who struck a sweet shot low into the net.
Youngster Tyler came off the bench for defender Lee Gorrell and made a good impression on his first team debut for the Blueboys.
London Colney: Hill, Benning, McCafferty, Gorrell (Tyler), Humbert, Beschizza (Townsend), Fitzgerald, Butcher, Danslow (Seabrook), R. Gallagher, Corran. Unused sub: Thatcher.
Dave Corran scored the goal that secured progress for London Colney in the Challenge Trophy at Wodson Park on Wednesday, September 10.
John Beschizza fired a free kick forward and Paul Danslow saw his good header palmed out. Corran was in the right place to net the rebound.
London Colney Reserves hosted Hoddesdon on Saturday and won 2-0 with goals from Aaron Davenport and Anthony Donnelly. On Tuesday Danny Norris scored but the Reserves went down 2-1 to St Margaretsbury.
Two goals from Luke Thatcher and one from Jack Ashcroft gave the London Colney Midweek team a 3-1 victory against Hillingdon.