Danny Gordon signs on at St Albans City
ST ALBANS City have signed former Staines Town captain Danny Gordon ahead of the new Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division season.
The experienced defender skippered Town in the Blue Square Bet South last season and has joined The Saints after an impressive showing in pre-season.
City boss David Howell said: “Danny is just the sort of quality defender we need.
“He is neat and quick, jumps well and reads the game really well.
“He also has great experience at a higher level which will be good for us for what we hope will be a promotion push this season.”
You may also want to watch:
Gordon and his new team-mates will face League One’s Stevenage at Clarence Park on Wednesday night at Clarence Park as Howell continues to hone his men for the Evo-Stik League kick-off away to Banbury United on August 18.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images