Danilson defeats Town
DANILSON Vicente scored a hat trick as Harpenden Town suffered a disappointing home defeat at the hands of eighth-placed Amersham. It was a keenly-fought contest but the visitors had the game sewn up in the first half an hour, racing into a 3-0 lead. Vice
DANILSON Vicente scored a hat trick as Harpenden Town suffered a disappointing home defeat at the hands of eighth-placed Amersham.
It was a keenly-fought contest but the visitors had the game sewn up in the first half an hour, racing into a 3-0 lead.
Vicente opened the scoring after 18 minutes as he was left unmarked to head the ball through Alastair Collins' legs. Amersham doubled their lead six minutes later when Harpenden failed to clear a free-kick and Toby Francis was on hand to force the ball home.
Vicente added his second with 30 minutes gone, latching onto a long ball and rounding the goalkeeper before firing into the empty net from an acute angle.
You may also want to watch:
Town pulled a goal back seven minutes after the break when the visitors failed to deal with a corner and Chris Gregory was given time and space to fire past Gary White in the Amersham goal. Harpenden pushed on, sensing a way back into the match but the Amersham defence stood firm and their victory was sealed with six minutes left.
Vicente was expertly set free by Francis and he calmly guided the ball into the net to complete his hat trick and put the result beyond doubt.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high
The result means Harpenden end the year in 14th place but with a couple of games in hand on a lot of their rivals.