Dagenham move for Sean Shields
ST Albans City winger Sean Shields has signed for npower League 2 side Dagenham & Redbridge.
The talented wide man has been in sparkling form this season in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division and has signed a contract which ties him to the Daggers until June 2016.
St Albans City joint manager James Gray said: “It is bittersweet for us as Sean was not on a contract.
“It’s a massive move for him, he wants to play at the highest level possible.
“We of course wish him well and he said if he’s not playing he’ll come down to support the lads.”
You may also want to watch:
Shields’ new manager John Still, added: “We brought him in to have a look at him and he’s done very well since arriving so we’ve signed him up on a long contract.
“He is a young and hungry player that can become another exciting Dagger.”
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed