Dagenham move for Sean Shields
ST Albans City winger Sean Shields has signed for npower League 2 side Dagenham & Redbridge.
The talented wide man has been in sparkling form this season in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division and has signed a contract which ties him to the Daggers until June 2016.
St Albans City joint manager James Gray said: “It is bittersweet for us as Sean was not on a contract.
“It’s a massive move for him, he wants to play at the highest level possible.
“We of course wish him well and he said if he’s not playing he’ll come down to support the lads.”
Shields’ new manager John Still, added: “We brought him in to have a look at him and he’s done very well since arriving so we’ve signed him up on a long contract.
“He is a young and hungry player that can become another exciting Dagger.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival