Dagenham move for Sean Shields
ST Albans City winger Sean Shields has signed for npower League 2 side Dagenham & Redbridge.
The talented wide man has been in sparkling form this season in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division and has signed a contract which ties him to the Daggers until June 2016.
St Albans City joint manager James Gray said: “It is bittersweet for us as Sean was not on a contract.
“It’s a massive move for him, he wants to play at the highest level possible.
“We of course wish him well and he said if he’s not playing he’ll come down to support the lads.”
You may also want to watch:
Shields’ new manager John Still, added: “We brought him in to have a look at him and he’s done very well since arriving so we’ve signed him up on a long contract.
“He is a young and hungry player that can become another exciting Dagger.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public