D'Rosario helps East head to County Cup glory
THE Under 18s North won 6-0 against Brady Maccabi with Jamie Telford scoring twice. Ollie Sharp, Ali Sawcus, Jon Fairburn and Kyle Maundrel wrapped up a sound victory. In a dramatic clash, the Under 15s West were pegged back from 4-0 up and had to settle
THE Under 18s North won 6-0 against Brady Maccabi with Jamie Telford scoring twice. Ollie Sharp, Ali Sawcus, Jon Fairburn and Kyle Maundrel wrapped up a sound victory.
In a dramatic clash, the Under 15s West were pegged back from 4-0 up and had to settle for a 4-4 draw with Alexandra Park. Carl Biggs, Tom Weaver, Greg Springall and Cameron Baxendine scored the goals. Defender Adam Thornhill played well.
At home to Sun Postal Blue, the Under 15s East recorded a good 2-0 victory. Christian Pascale and Man of the Match Richie Stone scored the goals while Michael Edwards and Kieran Marks played well.
In the County Cup final, the Under 14s East recorded a hard fought 2-1 win against local rivals Hemel Aces. Dan Pett finished well at the far post to ensure the scores were level at the break and with George Hunter, Michael Lee and Frazer Harper controlling midfield, City took charge. Jamie Denyer and Harry Kentish and impressed and Ashley Talbot led the line superbly with Niall McGowan and Dan Pett breaking dangerously. City finally scored the winner as super sub Richard D'Rosario headed home to secure the cup.
Under 14s East:- David Bastin, Alex English, Sam Rogan, George Wright, Harry Kentish, Jamie Denyer, Michael Lee, George Hunter, Frazer Harper, Dan Pett, Niall McGowan, Ashley Talbot, Richard D'Rosario, Alex Jerram.
Away to Hemel Aces, the Under 13s East recorded a 4-1 win with goals from Luke Yaxley (two), Matt Balser and Tommy Hudson. Left midfielder Kyle Parker was named Man of the Match.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Taxi stopped with ‘tyre below legal tread depth’ on A41
- 6 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
The Under 12s North secured a 0-0 draw from a tough match against Pinnacle. Eddie Rose was named Man of the Match. The team then lost 2-1 to Oakhill Tigers with Max Andrew scoring and Daniel Casotti named Man of the Match.