D'Rosario helps East head to County Cup glory
THE Under 18s North won 6-0 against Brady Maccabi with Jamie Telford scoring twice. Ollie Sharp, Ali Sawcus, Jon Fairburn and Kyle Maundrel wrapped up a sound victory. In a dramatic clash, the Under 15s West were pegged back from 4-0 up and had to settle
THE Under 18s North won 6-0 against Brady Maccabi with Jamie Telford scoring twice. Ollie Sharp, Ali Sawcus, Jon Fairburn and Kyle Maundrel wrapped up a sound victory.
In a dramatic clash, the Under 15s West were pegged back from 4-0 up and had to settle for a 4-4 draw with Alexandra Park. Carl Biggs, Tom Weaver, Greg Springall and Cameron Baxendine scored the goals. Defender Adam Thornhill played well.
At home to Sun Postal Blue, the Under 15s East recorded a good 2-0 victory. Christian Pascale and Man of the Match Richie Stone scored the goals while Michael Edwards and Kieran Marks played well.
In the County Cup final, the Under 14s East recorded a hard fought 2-1 win against local rivals Hemel Aces. Dan Pett finished well at the far post to ensure the scores were level at the break and with George Hunter, Michael Lee and Frazer Harper controlling midfield, City took charge. Jamie Denyer and Harry Kentish and impressed and Ashley Talbot led the line superbly with Niall McGowan and Dan Pett breaking dangerously. City finally scored the winner as super sub Richard D'Rosario headed home to secure the cup.
You may also want to watch:
Under 14s East:- David Bastin, Alex English, Sam Rogan, George Wright, Harry Kentish, Jamie Denyer, Michael Lee, George Hunter, Frazer Harper, Dan Pett, Niall McGowan, Ashley Talbot, Richard D'Rosario, Alex Jerram.
Away to Hemel Aces, the Under 13s East recorded a 4-1 win with goals from Luke Yaxley (two), Matt Balser and Tommy Hudson. Left midfielder Kyle Parker was named Man of the Match.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
The Under 12s North secured a 0-0 draw from a tough match against Pinnacle. Eddie Rose was named Man of the Match. The team then lost 2-1 to Oakhill Tigers with Max Andrew scoring and Daniel Casotti named Man of the Match.