Cup heroes Colney Heath hoping for more success
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath will be hoping their reputation as a cup side this season continues when they host Burgess Hill Town in the FA Cup second qualifying round on Saturday.
It is the first time the Magpies have reached this stage and their fabulous cup form continued last Saturday with a 1-0 win over Harefield United in the FA Vase.
Jack Woods got the winning goal in the first half.
League form, however, has not been as stellar with Heath slumping to a 2-0 loss on Tuesday night at home to Oxhey Jets.
That was their third straight loss in the SSML Premier Division.
Colney Heath’s U18s couldn’t replicate the senior side’s cup form either as they lost a tight game with Kings Langley in the FA Youth Cup.
Cain Joseph got the goals in a game where the lead changed hands several times.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 8 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 9 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 10 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
The Magpies led 2-1 going into added time but two goals in the 11 added minutes saw them crash out.