Cup heroes Colney Heath hoping for more success
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath will be hoping their reputation as a cup side this season continues when they host Burgess Hill Town in the FA Cup second qualifying round on Saturday.
It is the first time the Magpies have reached this stage and their fabulous cup form continued last Saturday with a 1-0 win over Harefield United in the FA Vase.
Jack Woods got the winning goal in the first half.
League form, however, has not been as stellar with Heath slumping to a 2-0 loss on Tuesday night at home to Oxhey Jets.
That was their third straight loss in the SSML Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
Colney Heath’s U18s couldn’t replicate the senior side’s cup form either as they lost a tight game with Kings Langley in the FA Youth Cup.
Cain Joseph got the goals in a game where the lead changed hands several times.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
The Magpies led 2-1 going into added time but two goals in the 11 added minutes saw them crash out.