Cup heroes Colney Heath hoping for more success
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath will be hoping their reputation as a cup side this season continues when they host Burgess Hill Town in the FA Cup second qualifying round on Saturday.
It is the first time the Magpies have reached this stage and their fabulous cup form continued last Saturday with a 1-0 win over Harefield United in the FA Vase.
Jack Woods got the winning goal in the first half.
League form, however, has not been as stellar with Heath slumping to a 2-0 loss on Tuesday night at home to Oxhey Jets.
That was their third straight loss in the SSML Premier Division.
Colney Heath’s U18s couldn’t replicate the senior side’s cup form either as they lost a tight game with Kings Langley in the FA Youth Cup.
Cain Joseph got the goals in a game where the lead changed hands several times.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 5 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 6 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 7 Call for hosepipe ban to protect River Ver
- 8 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 9 St Albans Striders brave the heat to tackle numerous races
- 10 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
The Magpies led 2-1 going into added time but two goals in the 11 added minutes saw them crash out.