Cup heroes Colney Heath hoping for more success
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath will be hoping their reputation as a cup side this season continues when they host Burgess Hill Town in the FA Cup second qualifying round on Saturday.
It is the first time the Magpies have reached this stage and their fabulous cup form continued last Saturday with a 1-0 win over Harefield United in the FA Vase.
Jack Woods got the winning goal in the first half.
League form, however, has not been as stellar with Heath slumping to a 2-0 loss on Tuesday night at home to Oxhey Jets.
That was their third straight loss in the SSML Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
Colney Heath’s U18s couldn’t replicate the senior side’s cup form either as they lost a tight game with Kings Langley in the FA Youth Cup.
Cain Joseph got the goals in a game where the lead changed hands several times.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
The Magpies led 2-1 going into added time but two goals in the 11 added minutes saw them crash out.