Crushing win for AFC Oaklands as great start continues
- Credit: Archant
AFC Oaklands hit double figures for the second week running – crushing Hertford Town 16-1.
The new semi-pro side, based out of Oaklands College, defeated Tottenhall 10-0 in their first competitive game last week.
And they continued their County Cup group campaign with this huge victory.
Ibriham Nagheeb, Alex Thomas and Matt Walsh all grabbed hat-tricks with Wright and Watson getting a brace each.
George Robinson, Dawson and Blake completed the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
It has been an amazing start to their competitive life for AFC but manager Billy Highton was keen to stress this is a learning curve for next season.
He said: “Once again the result is impressive, however, that’s why the boys are here, so they can gel as a team in preparation for next season, as well as learning and developing themselves as players using AFC as a opportunity to help mould them into players who can go on and compete at higher levels within the men’s game.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
“All the boys showed a very positive reaction to going a goal down and the character within the side was impressive, to not only come back and win the game but to do so with discipline and professionalism, continuing to do the job at hand.
“We look forward to next week, and the opportunity to secure top place in the group and our place in the semi-finals.”