Crossdale and Malins on the scoresheet as England start world title defence in style
- Credit: Archant
Ali Crossdale and Max Malins both crossed for tries as England make the perfect start to their U20 Rugby World Championship defence.
The Old Albanian pair scored three of the 12 tries as England romped to a 74-17 victory over Samoa in Tiblisi, Georgia.
Zach Mercer, Dominic Morris and Gabriel Ibitoye also grabbed two tires while Alex Mitchell, Marcus Street and Ciaran Knight bagged one each.
Crossdale got England off to a blistering start on his U20 debut with the opening score out wide.
And Malins, who also kicked four conversions, added England’s third as they raced into a 43-3 half-time lead.
You may also want to watch:
Crossdale collected a kick through shortly after the restart to dot down for his second try.
England face Wales on Sunday in Pool A before ending the group stages against Australia on Thursday.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans