Redbourn hit the top spot as St Albans lose ground in promotion race
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Redbourn have gone top of Herts Cricket League Division Two A after a three-wicket win over Berkhamsted.
Callum Moyle took 4-38 as the visitors were bowled out for 217 but it was a sensational and unbeaten 124 from Charlie Mack, crafted from just 96 balls and containing 16 fours and three sixes, that provided the backbone of the victory.
St Albans meanwhile lost ground in the promotion race below them with a three-wicket defeat at home to Watford Town.
They made 124 batting first, Harry Jerome top scoring with 31, but although they claimed seven wickets for the loss of 88 runs, Billy May taking 5-39, the final visiting partnership made
It leaves Saints 23 points adrift of second-placed Abbots Langley in third.
The seconds meanwhile have gone top of Division Five A after a 63-run win over Bentley Heath.
George Sims took 4-8 while there were two wickets for each of Daniel Rosson, Jacob Winfield and Adam Murphy as Saints successfully defended their total of 203.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
Adam Hounslow's 45 was the top score in their innings, just ahead of Winfield (43) and Matt Howeson (36).