Redbourn hit the top spot as St Albans lose ground in promotion race
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Redbourn have gone top of Herts Cricket League Division Two A after a three-wicket win over Berkhamsted.
Callum Moyle took 4-38 as the visitors were bowled out for 217 but it was a sensational and unbeaten 124 from Charlie Mack, crafted from just 96 balls and containing 16 fours and three sixes, that provided the backbone of the victory.
St Albans meanwhile lost ground in the promotion race below them with a three-wicket defeat at home to Watford Town.
They made 124 batting first, Harry Jerome top scoring with 31, but although they claimed seven wickets for the loss of 88 runs, Billy May taking 5-39, the final visiting partnership made
It leaves Saints 23 points adrift of second-placed Abbots Langley in third.
The seconds meanwhile have gone top of Division Five A after a 63-run win over Bentley Heath.
George Sims took 4-8 while there were two wickets for each of Daniel Rosson, Jacob Winfield and Adam Murphy as Saints successfully defended their total of 203.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 5 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 6 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
Adam Hounslow's 45 was the top score in their innings, just ahead of Winfield (43) and Matt Howeson (36).