Crawley to visit Clarence Park
Blue Square Premier outfit agree to friendly on July 31
ST ALBANS City have announced that Crawley Town will visit Clarence Park during pre-season.
The Red Devils, led by Steve Evans, will make the trip on Saturday, July 31, kick-off 3pm.
Red Devils boss Evans has selected fixtures with City and their Blue Square South rivals Bromley because he feels it will really test his side ahead of the new season.
Evans told Crawley’s official website: “The fixtures at St Albans City and Bromley is just what we need in our build up to what is going to be a really tough season given the strength of the Blue Square Premier next season.
You may also want to watch:
“Both our opponents have some excellent players and two good managers in Steve Castle and Mark Goldberg so I would expect both of these matches to be ultra competitive and what we need.
“I have selected these matches in preference to others because I want us to be fully tested ahead of our opening league fixture on 14th August.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
The Blue Square Premier side will be the second team to travel to Clarence Park with Leyton Orient already confirmed for Saturday, July 17.