Crawley to visit Clarence Park
Blue Square Premier outfit agree to friendly on July 31
ST ALBANS City have announced that Crawley Town will visit Clarence Park during pre-season.
The Red Devils, led by Steve Evans, will make the trip on Saturday, July 31, kick-off 3pm.
Red Devils boss Evans has selected fixtures with City and their Blue Square South rivals Bromley because he feels it will really test his side ahead of the new season.
Evans told Crawley’s official website: “The fixtures at St Albans City and Bromley is just what we need in our build up to what is going to be a really tough season given the strength of the Blue Square Premier next season.
“Both our opponents have some excellent players and two good managers in Steve Castle and Mark Goldberg so I would expect both of these matches to be ultra competitive and what we need.
“I have selected these matches in preference to others because I want us to be fully tested ahead of our opening league fixture on 14th August.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
The Blue Square Premier side will be the second team to travel to Clarence Park with Leyton Orient already confirmed for Saturday, July 17.