Crawley to visit Clarence Park
Blue Square Premier outfit agree to friendly on July 31
ST ALBANS City have announced that Crawley Town will visit Clarence Park during pre-season.
The Red Devils, led by Steve Evans, will make the trip on Saturday, July 31, kick-off 3pm.
Red Devils boss Evans has selected fixtures with City and their Blue Square South rivals Bromley because he feels it will really test his side ahead of the new season.
Evans told Crawley’s official website: “The fixtures at St Albans City and Bromley is just what we need in our build up to what is going to be a really tough season given the strength of the Blue Square Premier next season.
You may also want to watch:
“Both our opponents have some excellent players and two good managers in Steve Castle and Mark Goldberg so I would expect both of these matches to be ultra competitive and what we need.
“I have selected these matches in preference to others because I want us to be fully tested ahead of our opening league fixture on 14th August.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
The Blue Square Premier side will be the second team to travel to Clarence Park with Leyton Orient already confirmed for Saturday, July 17.