Crawford seals League Cup for City Youth
St Albans City Youth FC HARRY Crawford scored to seal a fine 2-1 win for the Under 16s North in the League Cup final against Southgate. An own goal put the Saints 1-0 up and Crawford made it two with a fine a low drive before Southgate replied late on.
St Albans City Youth FC
HARRY Crawford scored to seal a fine 2-1 win for the Under 16s North in the League Cup final against Southgate. An own goal put the Saints 1-0 up and Crawford made it two with a fine a low drive before Southgate replied late on. Luke Thatcher had a lively game for the North and almost added a third goal while James Yates curled a corner directly into the net only to see the effort ruled out for a foul.
North: Channing, Harris, Talbot, Ashcroft, Hiller, Armstrong, Galea, Thatcher, Norman, Magwood, Baker, Yates, Crawford.
An excellent hat trick from Tom Clark helped the Under 18s East to a 6-3 win against Berkhamsted Town. Adam Tester, Marcus Madden and Yasin Boodhoo also scored.
The Under 18s North lost 2-1 to Nascot Wood Rangers but were unfortunate with Ollie Sharp and Jamie Telford both striking the woodwork. George Simpson scored for the North.
Louis Gray and Dan Hayes scored a goal each for the Under 16s West but they lost 5-2 at Bushey Rangers.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
Greg Springall scored a consolation goal for the Under 15s West as they went down 8-1 at home to title chasers Hadley Rangers.
Frazer Harper and Ashley Talbot scored goals as the Under 14s East beat the Under 14s West 2-0.
Kyle Parker scored the vital equaliser as the Under 13s East hit back from 3-1 down to draw 3-3 with Harpenden Panthers. Matt Balser scored twice to help inspire the recovery. Charlie Jory was named Man of the Match.
Luke Ferdinand and Eddie Rose scored but the Under 12s North lost out 4-2 to Pinnacle. Danny O'Donovan was named Man of the Match. The North then enjoyed a fine 5-1 win against Northwood with goals from Luke Ferdinand (two), Eddie Rose, Cameron Macindoe and Man of the Match Robbie Gray.
Robbie Pennthomas scored twice as the Under 9s West started a busy week with a thumping 4-0 win against Comets. Liam Murphy and Finlay Long also scored. Harry Deacon was named Man of the Match. In the next match, Robbie Pennthomas, Harry Hawkes and Finlay Long each scored twice. Singles from Liam Murphy, Alfie Seeby, Harry Lewis and Man of the Match William Wade made the final score 10-0. In their third game, Man of the Match Harry Hawkes scored the only goal to sink London Maccabi 1-0.