Coyle inspires Vees to fourth straight win
- Credit: Archant
David Coyle was inspirational, scoring four tries, as Verulamians notched up their fourth Herts/Middlesex 1 victory on the bounce.
Last week, Vees were simply superb, running in nine tries in a 63-3 rout of Haringey Rhinos. Coyle started that game on the bench but still managed to stamp his name on the game, with a try, an assit and many forward surges.
The no.8 was at his scintilating best again on Saturday as he burst through the line twice in the first half as Vees turned around 19-0 ahead.
Feltham’s tackling had kept the score down in the first period but their over-enthusiasm saw several yellow cards, which furthered Vees’ control on the game.
Coyle crossed the whitewash twice more, earning Vees a bonus point, after the forwards pinned Feltham deep in their own territory and Kiwi centre completed a comprehensive victory.
You may also want to watch:
Vees wrap up 2014 at home against Barnet Elizabethans this Saturday, December 20. Kick-off at Cotlandswick is 2.15pm.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images