Coyle inspires Vees to fourth straight win
- Credit: Archant
David Coyle was inspirational, scoring four tries, as Verulamians notched up their fourth Herts/Middlesex 1 victory on the bounce.
Last week, Vees were simply superb, running in nine tries in a 63-3 rout of Haringey Rhinos. Coyle started that game on the bench but still managed to stamp his name on the game, with a try, an assit and many forward surges.
The no.8 was at his scintilating best again on Saturday as he burst through the line twice in the first half as Vees turned around 19-0 ahead.
Feltham’s tackling had kept the score down in the first period but their over-enthusiasm saw several yellow cards, which furthered Vees’ control on the game.
Coyle crossed the whitewash twice more, earning Vees a bonus point, after the forwards pinned Feltham deep in their own territory and Kiwi centre completed a comprehensive victory.
Vees wrap up 2014 at home against Barnet Elizabethans this Saturday, December 20. Kick-off at Cotlandswick is 2.15pm.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages