Coyle inspires Vees to fourth straight win
- Credit: Archant
David Coyle was inspirational, scoring four tries, as Verulamians notched up their fourth Herts/Middlesex 1 victory on the bounce.
Last week, Vees were simply superb, running in nine tries in a 63-3 rout of Haringey Rhinos. Coyle started that game on the bench but still managed to stamp his name on the game, with a try, an assit and many forward surges.
The no.8 was at his scintilating best again on Saturday as he burst through the line twice in the first half as Vees turned around 19-0 ahead.
Feltham’s tackling had kept the score down in the first period but their over-enthusiasm saw several yellow cards, which furthered Vees’ control on the game.
Coyle crossed the whitewash twice more, earning Vees a bonus point, after the forwards pinned Feltham deep in their own territory and Kiwi centre completed a comprehensive victory.
You may also want to watch:
Vees wrap up 2014 at home against Barnet Elizabethans this Saturday, December 20. Kick-off at Cotlandswick is 2.15pm.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden