County honour for Verulam’s Callum Walker
CALLUM Walker of Verulam Golf Club won the overall Scratch prize of the Herts Boys Intermediate Championship with a gross 72 (+1) at Sandy Lodge.
The 14-year-old Beaumont School pupil returned the best gross to win the Gil Jones Cup awarded to the Herts Boys Intermediate Champion.
He manage to finish with a flourish with a birdie two at the par three 18th hole.
The best nett score of the day was an astonishing nett 59 achieved by Jack Newland of Letchworth, despite hitting two balls out of bounds on the way to a nine at the par five 17th hole.
Sandy Lodge were excellent hosts with the youthful competitors very complimentary over the course condition and design, especially the famous trademark wooden ‘sleepered’ bunkers.
You may also want to watch:
The Herts Boys Intermediate Championship is open to all Herts Junior Golfers aged under 16 years of age on the January 1 of that year and are at least 4.5 handicap as at the time of entry.
The field is always an interesting mix of experience and featured promising golfers as young as nine-years-old.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan