COUNTDOWN TO KICK-OFF: Hilliard ‘excited’ about first taste of National League South football
- Credit: Archant
Lewis Hilliard is excited to get his first season in the National League South underway.
The 24-year-old joined the Saints from St Neots Town in the summer after five years at Rowley Park Stadium.
It is the first time Hilliard will have played at step six in English football and he’s exciting at the prospect of challenging himself.
“I literally have no idea what to expect. Hopefully I can adapt quickly and we can push for a top half finish or the play-offs,” he said.
Hilliard admitted he considered jumping up to the then Conference South last year, but St Neots convinced him to stay as they geared up for a promotion push. It ultimately fell one hurdle short, losing to Truro in the play-off final.
You may also want to watch:
“I rejected a move last year because St Neots were going for it. We just missed out so this season I decided to jump up and have a go,” he explained.
“It’s a bigger opportunity for me and a chance to try something new.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall