CoStA youngsters selected for Team GB
- Credit: Archant
Three swimmers from St Albans have been selected to represent Great Britain at an International tournament this summer.
George Loveman and Zhi Ong, who go to St Columba’s College, and Shannon Stott, who is a pupil at Loreto College, will take part in the 68th FISEC Games in Beauvais, France, in July.
The trio, who are all members of the City of St Albans Swimming Club (CoStA), will compete against swimmers from ten other countries across Europe and the Americas at this annual multi-sport event.
The Games is one of two world competitions for school-based sport and is recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Their selection follows the selection of CoStA teammate Daniel Schindler for Team GB at the European Maccabi Games, Europe’s biggest Jewish sporting event, in Berlin last year.
You may also want to watch:
CoStA head coach Mike Cole said: “It is a mark of the continuing growth of the club that our swimmers have begun to achieve international representation and their selection is a testament to all the hard work they put in alongside their teammates.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre