CoStA win final round but Watford claim Peanuts League title
- Credit: Archant
Watford claimed the Peanuts League Division One title off City of St Albans Swimming Club at a closely fought final round in Potters Bar.
CoStA won the final round by a single point but it wasn’t enough to knock Watford off of top spot. The club’s B team finished in sixth place in Division One.
There were individual wins for Oscar Brice, Ella Chown, Lauren Stott, Matthew Martin, Kieran Birkett and Manraj Singh, with wins for the U12 boys’ and girls’ freestyle relay teams, the U9 and U13 girls’ medley teams and the U13 girls’ freestyle relay team.
CoStA A also took 16 second places out of the 49 events.
A club spokeman said: “CoStA can be justly proud of the strength and depth of its squad, and it remains the only team in Hertfordshire to have two teams in the first division of the Peanuts League. CoStA’s coaches were overjoyed for their hardworking swimmers.”
You may also want to watch:
The Peanuts League resumes in May next year.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly