CoStA win final round but Watford claim Peanuts League title
- Credit: Archant
Watford claimed the Peanuts League Division One title off City of St Albans Swimming Club at a closely fought final round in Potters Bar.
CoStA won the final round by a single point but it wasn’t enough to knock Watford off of top spot. The club’s B team finished in sixth place in Division One.
There were individual wins for Oscar Brice, Ella Chown, Lauren Stott, Matthew Martin, Kieran Birkett and Manraj Singh, with wins for the U12 boys’ and girls’ freestyle relay teams, the U9 and U13 girls’ medley teams and the U13 girls’ freestyle relay team.
CoStA A also took 16 second places out of the 49 events.
A club spokeman said: “CoStA can be justly proud of the strength and depth of its squad, and it remains the only team in Hertfordshire to have two teams in the first division of the Peanuts League. CoStA’s coaches were overjoyed for their hardworking swimmers.”
You may also want to watch:
The Peanuts League resumes in May next year.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears