CoStA set sights on promotion spot
FOR the second round in succession City of St Albans Swimming Club (CoStA) finished an impressive second of eight to climb into the top five of the National Speedo League, just one place off a promotion slot into the top division. The CoStA senior squad a
FOR the second round in succession City of St Albans Swimming Club (CoStA) finished an impressive second of eight to climb into the top five of the National Speedo League, just one place off a promotion slot into the top division.
The CoStA senior squad achieved eight individual first-place finishes and set 32 personal best times behind a strong squad from University of East Anglia. It was all about clinching the runners-up position and in the end CoStA beat Halstead into third by just four points.
Anne-Marie DuPreez, Charlotte Henson and Robbie Lightowler each won both their individual events, with Chloe Beard and Jack Baron also picking up first places. There were four PBs for Matthew Henson, in a rich vein of form after his impressive Barnet gala performance, three PBs for Lauren Winfield and two PBs each for Zac Horne, Marlena Smith , Madeleine Geers and Luke Bevis.
But it was the relay squads that really excelled, with seven of the sixteen relay teams achieving top-three places, demonstrating the depth of squad former Olympic Coach Wayne Riddin is developing. With just one round to go on December 13, CoStA are well placed for promotion into the top London Division. "If we get the right draw, I am sure this strong CoStA Squad can clinch promotion," said Coach Riddin.
You may also want to watch:
Costa Gold team were also in action, finishing third behind Hertford at the Hartham Bowl Gala with some impressive performances. Christopher Williams, Madeleine Whittaker and James Loveman each achieved first-place finishes in new personal best times. The training programme is clearly paying off as the squad set 39 PBs in 49 events. Cathy Baldwin, Heather Milsted, Jordan Irvine and Kirsty Seymour each set three personal best times on the night.
l To join CoStA visit Westminster Lodge on Monday nights.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre