CoStA’s winning streak continues
- Credit: Archant
City of St Albans Swimming Club continued its run of success with wins for its A and B teams in round two of the Herts Major League.
Both teams have finished on top of the pile in the opening two rounds, and with one round left, the A team is in pole position to retain its title while the B team is front runner to lift the Division Two trophy.
The A team’s defence took a major step forward at Potters Bar as they won with 106 points, 38 ahead of Bishop’s Stortford. Despite some team members missing, CoStA produced 25 first places and 10 second places, with many of the team having to swim up an age group.
Head coach Mike Cole said: “Saturday night could have been a difficult evening with many swimmers missing from the team due to illness and having a change of head coach in the new year, but every member of the team raced brilliantly leaving us with a fairly comfortable win at the end of the night.
“Many swimmers had more races than usual to deal with and I was especially impressed with the way 11-year-old Grace Stedman handled swimming the Open Women’s 100m Breaststroke. A great night and fantastic result. Bring on the final.”
The B team were at Borehamwood and won by 39 points from Verulam. The team achieved a total of 19 first and 13 second places.
The final round, in both divisions, takes place on March 7.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival