CoStA’s winning streak continues
- Credit: Archant
City of St Albans Swimming Club continued its run of success with wins for its A and B teams in round two of the Herts Major League.
Both teams have finished on top of the pile in the opening two rounds, and with one round left, the A team is in pole position to retain its title while the B team is front runner to lift the Division Two trophy.
The A team’s defence took a major step forward at Potters Bar as they won with 106 points, 38 ahead of Bishop’s Stortford. Despite some team members missing, CoStA produced 25 first places and 10 second places, with many of the team having to swim up an age group.
Head coach Mike Cole said: “Saturday night could have been a difficult evening with many swimmers missing from the team due to illness and having a change of head coach in the new year, but every member of the team raced brilliantly leaving us with a fairly comfortable win at the end of the night.
“Many swimmers had more races than usual to deal with and I was especially impressed with the way 11-year-old Grace Stedman handled swimming the Open Women’s 100m Breaststroke. A great night and fantastic result. Bring on the final.”
You may also want to watch:
The B team were at Borehamwood and won by 39 points from Verulam. The team achieved a total of 19 first and 13 second places.
The final round, in both divisions, takes place on March 7.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land