CoStA retain Division One title; B team promoted
- Credit: Archant
City of St Albans Swimming Club retained its Herts Major League Division One title after a stunning performance in Borehamwood.
The third and final round of this competition took place on Saturday and it proved to be an exciting and closely fought contest, which CoStA eventually won by two points ahead of Hoddesdon.
It went down to the wire and CoStA completed a clean sweep of victories in all three rounds, securing them the division one title.
CoStA’s B team will join their team-mates in Division One after securing promotion in Hemel Hempstead.
Having won the previous two rounds, the pressure was on the B team to perform.
You may also want to watch:
At the halfway stage this had narrowed to a single point lead, CoStA with 56 points to Hemel’s 57. The team was spurred on to put in some storming swims to lengthen their lead, finishing the night with a run of fiercely fought relays.
A deserved first place in the squadron relay was followed by overall victory for CoStA B team and promotion to Division One.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved