CoStA retain Division One title; B team promoted
- Credit: Archant
City of St Albans Swimming Club retained its Herts Major League Division One title after a stunning performance in Borehamwood.
The third and final round of this competition took place on Saturday and it proved to be an exciting and closely fought contest, which CoStA eventually won by two points ahead of Hoddesdon.
It went down to the wire and CoStA completed a clean sweep of victories in all three rounds, securing them the division one title.
CoStA’s B team will join their team-mates in Division One after securing promotion in Hemel Hempstead.
Having won the previous two rounds, the pressure was on the B team to perform.
You may also want to watch:
At the halfway stage this had narrowed to a single point lead, CoStA with 56 points to Hemel’s 57. The team was spurred on to put in some storming swims to lengthen their lead, finishing the night with a run of fiercely fought relays.
A deserved first place in the squadron relay was followed by overall victory for CoStA B team and promotion to Division One.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans