CoStA miss out on promotion
A swimming club put in a good performance in the final round of the Speedo League despite the team being ravaged by illness. CoStA enjoyed plenty of success on Saturday, Robbie Lightowler and Anne-Marie Du Preez leading the way with two individual victori
A swimming club put in a good performance in the final round of the Speedo League despite the team being ravaged by illness.
CoStA enjoyed plenty of success on Saturday, Robbie Lightowler and Anne-Marie Du Preez leading the way with two individual victories each.
Lightowler was victorious in the 100m Butterfly and 100m Freestyle with Du Preez proving dominant in the 100m Breaststroke, winning the event at two different age categories.
14 year-old Jack Baron also won in the Butterfly, breaking the one-minute barrier.
You may also want to watch:
There were also creditable second places, notably for Charlotte Henson, as well as for a number of the relay teams. Nine personal best times helped cap a successful evening which saw CoStA narrowly miss out on promotion to the first division.
l If you are interested in swimming competitively and being coached to programmes prepared by South African Olympic gold medallist coach Wayne Ridden, please contact Sarah Stephens via www.costaasc.org.uk.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills