CoStA miss out on promotion
A swimming club put in a good performance in the final round of the Speedo League despite the team being ravaged by illness. CoStA enjoyed plenty of success on Saturday, Robbie Lightowler and Anne-Marie Du Preez leading the way with two individual victori
A swimming club put in a good performance in the final round of the Speedo League despite the team being ravaged by illness.
CoStA enjoyed plenty of success on Saturday, Robbie Lightowler and Anne-Marie Du Preez leading the way with two individual victories each.
Lightowler was victorious in the 100m Butterfly and 100m Freestyle with Du Preez proving dominant in the 100m Breaststroke, winning the event at two different age categories.
14 year-old Jack Baron also won in the Butterfly, breaking the one-minute barrier.
You may also want to watch:
There were also creditable second places, notably for Charlotte Henson, as well as for a number of the relay teams. Nine personal best times helped cap a successful evening which saw CoStA narrowly miss out on promotion to the first division.
l If you are interested in swimming competitively and being coached to programmes prepared by South African Olympic gold medallist coach Wayne Ridden, please contact Sarah Stephens via www.costaasc.org.uk.
- 1 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 2 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 3 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's fastest moving £1m-plus property markets
- 5 Acorns Day Nursery decision revealed by Oaklands College bosses
- 6 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
- 7 'We need your old luggage!' Call for help for Afghan refugees from St Albans charity
- 8 Harpenden company receives Queen's Award
- 9 Councillors threatening to quit committee say they are being 'muzzled' over alleged fraud
- 10 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan