CoStA make a splash with superb displays
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club Junior squad took to the pool for the first round of the Herts Peanuts league and put in some magnificent performances. Robert Williams, aged 10, set four personal bests and picked up a bronze in the butterfly.
CITY of St Albans Swimming Club Junior squad took to the pool for the first round of the Herts Peanuts league and put in some magnificent performances.
Robert Williams, aged 10, set four personal bests and picked up a bronze in the butterfly. Michael Roche achieved three new fastest times, and there were new PBs for Alex Astley, aged 12, Oliver Astley, aged 10, Luke Foster, aged 10, Joseph Bates, aged 9, and Josh Breeze, aged 11, who also picked up silver in the 50m freestyle.
Anne-Marie DuPreez, aged 12, took gold for the girls in the 50m breaststroke, and there were great swims by Hannah Yorwerth, aged 9, who set three personal bests, and Lauren Winfield, aged 10, and Stephanie Banks, aged 11, who both set new bests. Overall COSTA came fifth ahead of Watford but behind local rivals Hemel and Harpenden.
The COSTA Gold squad were also in action with great performances and new best times for James Bates, aged 12, Quinn Holland, aged 10, Annabel Lumley, aged 10, and Sidney Brass, aged 10. The team recorded seven first place finishes and took gold in the squadron relay.
You may also want to watch:
See the website at www.costaasc.org.uk for more information. The club train six nights each week and are led by former South African Olympic Swimming coach Wayne Riddin.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor