CoStA finish sixth
CITY of St Albans Junior squad competed in the first round of the Herts Peanuts League on Saturday, with the Blue team seeking to maintain their status in the top division. There were first-placed finishes for Robbie Lightowler (U13s) and Luke Foster (U
CITY of St Albans Junior squad competed in the first round of the Herts Peanuts League on Saturday, with the Blue team seeking to maintain their status in the top division.
There were first-placed finishes for Robbie Lightowler (U13s) and Luke Foster (U11s) and second-placed finishes for Zac Horne (U12s) and Joseph Hensman (U11s). Benedict Baldwin (U10s) secured two PBs on the night, with Alana Eggington, Lauren Winfield, Marlena Smith and Peter Hensman also each recoding PB's.
The squad of 28 swimmers struggled against tough competition, finishing sixth on the night, and will be seeking to make strides forward in the next two rounds.
CoStA swimmer Tom Hemenshall took part in the British International Disability Swimming Championships 2009, at Ponds Forge on Saturday, May 16, as part of the selection trials for the British Disability Swimming Team that will compete at the IPC European Championships in Reykjavik, Iceland.
You may also want to watch:
The event included over 200 swimmers from across the world.
Tom entered five individual events and swam well in all of them. He achieved a personal best in the 400m freestyle in a time that qualified him for the A final.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Tom is aiming to achieve the times needed to compete in the European Championships, with his longer term aim being the London Para-Olympics in 2012.
CoStA train six nights a week, and are always looking for new talent to join.
If you are interested in joining CoStA visit Westminster Lodge on Monday evenings.