Corrie knocked out of Wimbledon singles
- Credit: Archant
Ed Corrie’s singles journey at Wimbledon is over after a straight sets loss to Inigo Cervantes.
The Spaniard won 6-3, 7-5 to book his spot in the third round of qualifying.
Corrie looked to have swung the game in his favour when he broke serve to level the second set at 5-5, but Cervantes won the next two games to progress.
It marked the furthest Corrie has been in the singles at Wimbledon.
After three straight first round exits in qualifying, he beat Daniel Munoz-De La Nava 6-3, 6-1 on Monday to set up today’s match. He couldn’t repeat his heroics however, and will have to wait until next year to try to reach the main draw.
Corrie will now focus on the doubles, where he will team up with compatriot Kyle Edmund. The pair received a wildcard into the main draw and will find out their first round opponents on Friday.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road