Corrie knocked out of Wimbledon singles
- Credit: Archant
Ed Corrie’s singles journey at Wimbledon is over after a straight sets loss to Inigo Cervantes.
The Spaniard won 6-3, 7-5 to book his spot in the third round of qualifying.
Corrie looked to have swung the game in his favour when he broke serve to level the second set at 5-5, but Cervantes won the next two games to progress.
It marked the furthest Corrie has been in the singles at Wimbledon.
After three straight first round exits in qualifying, he beat Daniel Munoz-De La Nava 6-3, 6-1 on Monday to set up today’s match. He couldn’t repeat his heroics however, and will have to wait until next year to try to reach the main draw.
You may also want to watch:
Corrie will now focus on the doubles, where he will team up with compatriot Kyle Edmund. The pair received a wildcard into the main draw and will find out their first round opponents on Friday.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?