Corcoran injury blow for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Luke Allen could miss time, too
Sam Corcoran could have extended time of the sideline after picking up an injury on Tuesday.
Corcoran hit the turf and was in clear pain in the 33rd minute of the loss to Eastbourne Borough, leading to his substitution.
After the game, joint manager James Gray feared it could be a broken metatarsal, an injury that has forced Corcoran to miss significant time since joining the club.
“There was no one near him and he’s gone down so it could be his metatarsal,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been six months without a problem and we thought everything had healed. He may need an x-ray.”
If it is a recurrence, it will be the third time he has broken his foot while at St Albans City.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
Corcoran joined the Saints in January 2014 but his debut was delayed until March while recovered. Having recovered an got back to full fitness, Corcoran scored a superb goal in the Southern League play-off semi-final at Cambridge City to set up a final against Chesham United. He played little part in the game, though, forced off in the first half after going down unchallenged.
Corcoran missing significant time would be a huge blow to the already struggling Saints, who have picked up just one point from four games.
New signing Luke Allen is also in a race to be fit for Saturday’s match against Bath City.
The former Hemel Hempstead midfielder limped out of Tuesday’s game after rolling his ankle.