Copp and Lennox guide Redbourn to victory
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn Sunday XI picked up a 56-run win over St Albans in the Chess Valley League Division Six thanks to superb knocks from Tom Copp and Dan Lennox.
Copp, opening the batting, scored 64 off 60 balls and Lennox recorded a 76-ball 70 from number three. Their best work came in a second-wicket stand that took Redbourn from 18-1 to 125-2.
The middle order kept pouring on the runs as Gary Lough scored 28 and Adam Pritchard and James Bunce hit 27 and 35 respectively. Dean Flynn added 20 from number eight before being run out.
The innings closed on 270.
St Albans started the chase confidently, with Marcus Townsend and Andy Knill-Jones putting 53 runs on the board.
You may also want to watch:
Once again, the second-wicket partnership was the most fruitful as Ashish Dean and Townsend racked up runs. The pairing was ended when Townsend fell one short of a half-century after picking out a fielder at deep mid-on.
Dean went for a well-made 53, caught by Pritchard off Henry Amos, and Henry Scott walked for 11, putting Redbourn in control of the match. A late partnership of 27 by Rob Still and Andy Saunders wasn’t enough as St Albans ran out of overs.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district