Copp and Lennox guide Redbourn to victory
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn Sunday XI picked up a 56-run win over St Albans in the Chess Valley League Division Six thanks to superb knocks from Tom Copp and Dan Lennox.
Copp, opening the batting, scored 64 off 60 balls and Lennox recorded a 76-ball 70 from number three. Their best work came in a second-wicket stand that took Redbourn from 18-1 to 125-2.
The middle order kept pouring on the runs as Gary Lough scored 28 and Adam Pritchard and James Bunce hit 27 and 35 respectively. Dean Flynn added 20 from number eight before being run out.
The innings closed on 270.
St Albans started the chase confidently, with Marcus Townsend and Andy Knill-Jones putting 53 runs on the board.
You may also want to watch:
Once again, the second-wicket partnership was the most fruitful as Ashish Dean and Townsend racked up runs. The pairing was ended when Townsend fell one short of a half-century after picking out a fielder at deep mid-on.
Dean went for a well-made 53, caught by Pritchard off Henry Amos, and Henry Scott walked for 11, putting Redbourn in control of the match. A late partnership of 27 by Rob Still and Andy Saunders wasn’t enough as St Albans ran out of overs.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden