Cooper-Wall called up to England Women U20 squad for Nations Cup
SCARLETT COOPER-WALL has been selected to England Women U20’s Nations Cup squad.
The Old Albanian player will play South Africa on July 11, Canada on July 14 and the USA on July 17. The final will be played on July 21.
England U20s Head Coach Amanda Bennett has made a number of changes for the tournament.
Bennett has called up ten players who are set to make their U20s bow and they’ll be led by Bristol’s and Penryn’s Kayleigh Callway-Bawden. Bianca Blackburn has been named as vice-captain.
“The Nations Cup squad shows balance of U20s experience set against the raw talent of new players who we hope will step up to the mark on an international stage,” said Bennett. “The talent coming through the system gets stronger and more impressive each year.”
You may also want to watch:
England head into the Nations Cup on the back of two defeats against France this season but they are the reigning tournament champions, and in fact have never been defeated in the Nations Cup.
“Because of our history in this tournament and it being on home turf there’s no doubt expectations are high. We have our goals for the tournament and, although we haven’t played the USA, Canada or South Africa since winning the 2011 Nations Cup, we do know that they will have been working hard and will offer a significantly tougher challenge this time around. We know our opposition will be physical and athletic whilst they also have some highly skilled individuals who can turn the game in a matter of seconds.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development