Cooper nets awards double
Colney Heath striker claims Player of the Season and Golden Boot honours
STRIKER Ian Cooper was the big winner at Colney Heath’s recent awards evening held at the St Albans Irish Association.
The striker picked up the Player of the Year, Managers’ Player of the Year and the Golden Boot awards after a fantastic season with the Magpies in which he netted 39 goals in 42 games helping the club to a fifth placed finish.
Cooper collected his Player of the Season and Managers’ Player of the Season award from managers Scott Lacey and Wes Awad and Tony Cleary of London Auto Parts and the Golden Boot from Clint Wiltshire of Chingford Audi.
Other winners included Liam Beaumont who collected the Most Promising Player award from Adrian Slavin of the Irish Association, and Amadou Gerber who won the Supporters’ Player of the Year.
You may also want to watch:
The Players’ Player of the Year award went to goalkeeper Tom Blackman while the Young Player of the Year was awarded to Kevin Ashwood.
The club’s youngsters were also involved with Luke Hill picking up the U18s Players’ Player of the Year award and Billy Barnes who was the Managers’ Player of the Year.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Matt Tillbrook collected both the Managers’ and the Players’ Player of the Year awards for the reserves.
n The club has also been busy arranging its pre-season schedule.
The Magpies will start with a trip to Met Police Bushey on Saturday, July 17 (KO 2pm) before welcoming Enfield Town to the Recreation Ground on Tuesday, July 20 (KO 7.45pm).
Next up will be a home tie with Ryman Division One North side Potters Bar Town on Tuesday, July 27 (KO 7.45pm) with Ware the visitors on Saturday, July 31 (KO 3pm).