Cooper nets awards double
Colney Heath striker claims Player of the Season and Golden Boot honours
STRIKER Ian Cooper was the big winner at Colney Heath’s recent awards evening held at the St Albans Irish Association.
The striker picked up the Player of the Year, Managers’ Player of the Year and the Golden Boot awards after a fantastic season with the Magpies in which he netted 39 goals in 42 games helping the club to a fifth placed finish.
Cooper collected his Player of the Season and Managers’ Player of the Season award from managers Scott Lacey and Wes Awad and Tony Cleary of London Auto Parts and the Golden Boot from Clint Wiltshire of Chingford Audi.
Other winners included Liam Beaumont who collected the Most Promising Player award from Adrian Slavin of the Irish Association, and Amadou Gerber who won the Supporters’ Player of the Year.
The Players’ Player of the Year award went to goalkeeper Tom Blackman while the Young Player of the Year was awarded to Kevin Ashwood.
The club’s youngsters were also involved with Luke Hill picking up the U18s Players’ Player of the Year award and Billy Barnes who was the Managers’ Player of the Year.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 8 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
Matt Tillbrook collected both the Managers’ and the Players’ Player of the Year awards for the reserves.
n The club has also been busy arranging its pre-season schedule.
The Magpies will start with a trip to Met Police Bushey on Saturday, July 17 (KO 2pm) before welcoming Enfield Town to the Recreation Ground on Tuesday, July 20 (KO 7.45pm).
Next up will be a home tie with Ryman Division One North side Potters Bar Town on Tuesday, July 27 (KO 7.45pm) with Ware the visitors on Saturday, July 31 (KO 3pm).