Cooper hat-trick maintains Saints’ promotion push
Saints turn in five star performance
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 5 Bedmond S&S 1
A CONVINCING performance from St Peter’s saw them gain ample revenge for a 2-0 defeat three weeks ago by visitors Bedmond S&S with a 5-1 victory in the reverse fixture.
The Saints gave an excellent all round showing putting Bedmond under some severe early pressure. Bedmond held firm with their goalkeeper in good form but St Peter’s hard work didn’t go unrewarded and Michael Davies eventually broke the deadlock.
You may also want to watch:
Striker Ian Cooper looked dangerous all afternoon for the Saints and it was him that doubled the lead with a deadly finish from the penalty spot after he’d been taken down in the area.
A 2-0 lead at the break was the least the Saints deserved but they were given a wake up call in the second half when Bedmond pulled a goal back.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
Normal service was resumed minutes later though when Cooper doubled his personal tally. The Colney Heath front man wasn’t finished there though and completed his hat-trick with Mark Savory completing the rout.
The victory keeps the Saints on course for promotion though the withdrawal of Eight Bells (Hatfield) and there results being expunged, the league table has taken on a slightly different look.
This Saturday Belstone are the visitors to Colney Heath FC.
St Peter’s: Barnes; Beswick, Gauthier, Carman; Davies (C Eames), Stuart-Neal (Holloway), Taylor, Cunningham, J Eames, Savory, Cooper.