Cooper hat-trick maintains Saints’ promotion push
Saints turn in five star performance
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 5 Bedmond S&S 1
A CONVINCING performance from St Peter’s saw them gain ample revenge for a 2-0 defeat three weeks ago by visitors Bedmond S&S with a 5-1 victory in the reverse fixture.
The Saints gave an excellent all round showing putting Bedmond under some severe early pressure. Bedmond held firm with their goalkeeper in good form but St Peter’s hard work didn’t go unrewarded and Michael Davies eventually broke the deadlock.
You may also want to watch:
Striker Ian Cooper looked dangerous all afternoon for the Saints and it was him that doubled the lead with a deadly finish from the penalty spot after he’d been taken down in the area.
A 2-0 lead at the break was the least the Saints deserved but they were given a wake up call in the second half when Bedmond pulled a goal back.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
Normal service was resumed minutes later though when Cooper doubled his personal tally. The Colney Heath front man wasn’t finished there though and completed his hat-trick with Mark Savory completing the rout.
The victory keeps the Saints on course for promotion though the withdrawal of Eight Bells (Hatfield) and there results being expunged, the league table has taken on a slightly different look.
This Saturday Belstone are the visitors to Colney Heath FC.
St Peter’s: Barnes; Beswick, Gauthier, Carman; Davies (C Eames), Stuart-Neal (Holloway), Taylor, Cunningham, J Eames, Savory, Cooper.