Cooper hat-trick maintains Saints’ promotion push
Saints turn in five star performance
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 5 Bedmond S&S 1
A CONVINCING performance from St Peter’s saw them gain ample revenge for a 2-0 defeat three weeks ago by visitors Bedmond S&S with a 5-1 victory in the reverse fixture.
The Saints gave an excellent all round showing putting Bedmond under some severe early pressure. Bedmond held firm with their goalkeeper in good form but St Peter’s hard work didn’t go unrewarded and Michael Davies eventually broke the deadlock.
Striker Ian Cooper looked dangerous all afternoon for the Saints and it was him that doubled the lead with a deadly finish from the penalty spot after he’d been taken down in the area.
A 2-0 lead at the break was the least the Saints deserved but they were given a wake up call in the second half when Bedmond pulled a goal back.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
Normal service was resumed minutes later though when Cooper doubled his personal tally. The Colney Heath front man wasn’t finished there though and completed his hat-trick with Mark Savory completing the rout.
The victory keeps the Saints on course for promotion though the withdrawal of Eight Bells (Hatfield) and there results being expunged, the league table has taken on a slightly different look.
This Saturday Belstone are the visitors to Colney Heath FC.
St Peter’s: Barnes; Beswick, Gauthier, Carman; Davies (C Eames), Stuart-Neal (Holloway), Taylor, Cunningham, J Eames, Savory, Cooper.