Conrad goes Wild at High Peaks
- Credit: Archant
Sunday was a tough day at the office for Conrad Wild who completed the famous High Peaks 40 mile trail race challenge.
The race starts and finishes in Buxton and traverses some extremely challenging terrain. Wild finished in 7hrs 45mins, good for 54th overall.
Si Fraser completed the Reigate Half Marathon in 1hr 23mins and Jo Rawal finished 30 minutes later. Graham Foster came 10th in the Richmond Half Marathon in 1hr 17mins.
Graham Foster had another great run in the Leighton 10 mile race to finish 11th overall in 1hr 3mins and was followed in by Richard Harry, 12th in 1hr 4mins. Johanna Sharples also ran, finishing in a personal best time of 1hr 15mins.
Also on Sunday, Lucy Martin was second lady in the Hilly Harvest Trail Quarter Marathon, finishing in a time of 50mins.
In Saturday’s parkrun, there were top 10 places for Adam Dunajko (3rd), Mark Castleton (6th) and Edward Bailey (7th) and Claire Kremer and Helen Cartlidge were second and third ladies respectively.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023