Conrad goes Wild at High Peaks
- Credit: Archant
Sunday was a tough day at the office for Conrad Wild who completed the famous High Peaks 40 mile trail race challenge.
The race starts and finishes in Buxton and traverses some extremely challenging terrain. Wild finished in 7hrs 45mins, good for 54th overall.
Si Fraser completed the Reigate Half Marathon in 1hr 23mins and Jo Rawal finished 30 minutes later. Graham Foster came 10th in the Richmond Half Marathon in 1hr 17mins.
Graham Foster had another great run in the Leighton 10 mile race to finish 11th overall in 1hr 3mins and was followed in by Richard Harry, 12th in 1hr 4mins. Johanna Sharples also ran, finishing in a personal best time of 1hr 15mins.
Also on Sunday, Lucy Martin was second lady in the Hilly Harvest Trail Quarter Marathon, finishing in a time of 50mins.
You may also want to watch:
In Saturday’s parkrun, there were top 10 places for Adam Dunajko (3rd), Mark Castleton (6th) and Edward Bailey (7th) and Claire Kremer and Helen Cartlidge were second and third ladies respectively.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden