Conference AGM news
BLUE Square South clubs have been given a boost with the news that they can loan more players next season. Under last season s rules clubs were only permitted to borrow eight players a season but this was changed to twelve at last weekend s Conference AGM
BLUE Square South clubs have been given a boost with the news that they can loan more players next season.
Under last season's rules clubs were only permitted to borrow eight players a season but this was changed to twelve at last weekend's Conference AGM.
Club secretary Steve Eames believes this is a good move and will benefit all the clubs in the division.
"I think it's a change that will work in this league. Jack Pearce (Bognor Regis General Manager) has been fighting the FA for this for the past year and I think this is his parting gift to us," said Eames.
Pearce has been forced to step down as the division's representative on the Conference Board following Bognor's relegation and his place has been taken by Dave Boddy of Worcester City who beat Dave Martin of Dorchester by 12 votes to 10.
The Conference also confirmed the makeup of the league with the 22 clubs listed below set to contest the division.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
Hampton & Richmond Borough
Havant & Waterlooville
St Albans City